It’s no news that the Education system in Nigeria is in shambles. It is therefore imperative that as students you take charge of your learning. One way of doing that is through online courses.
Simply put, online courses are study courses that you can learn online either paid or free. They can be offered by Universities, Massive Open Online Course, Company Training Courses, E- learning Sites, Personal Brands.
Online courses take many forms, including educational videos, audio files, images, worksheets or other documents. Most online courses also have discussion forums, community groups or messaging options, enabling some way for students to communicate with each other and or the teacher.
Most importantly, an online course needs to be engaging so that the person learning enjoys the lessons and is able to retain the information and apply it in their own life.
WHY DO YOU NEED AN ONLINE COURSE:
- The Education taught at most Nigerian University is outdated. You need online courses to get updated on the recent happenings and changes in your course of study.
- It makes you stand out as a student. When including certifications in your resume or CV, you’ll have something to fill in. Also, your future employer sees you as a life long learner.
- It is less expensive if you know how to go about it. We’ll cover how to in another blog post.
- It is convenient and flexible. You can learn at your own pace with online courses. With proper planning, there wouldn’t be a problem juggling it with your courses in school.
- You are open to a variety of options. This means that no matter what you study, from nursing to neuroscience, you can find the courses or programs you need online. You can also earn every academic degree online, from a career certificate to a doctorate.
I hope this blog post has adequately answered your questions about what and why you need online courses. If no, you can ask your questions using the comment section. Don’t forget to share this blog post to a friend who needs it.